Monday 3 October 2011

So why did I walk out?

It was clearly a grumpy start to the week - or a great example of poor customer service.

Coming into the office, stopping to get some toast on the way. Costs £1.10, but I only have a £20 note.

Offer £20 note
grumpy face
Sorry, that's all I've got
large sigh
resigned look
'Have you not got 10p?'
No, that's all I've got
another large sigh
silence
Tell you what, give me the £20 back and I'll go and get my breakfast elsewhere

So I did. For all I know, there are still 2 slices of bloomer bread now in flames in the toaster.

I know it is frustrating to lose all your change in one go (been there) but let's face it, I buy breakfast and lunch around here daily. It won't be from there again.

I have been buying breakfast from there 2-3 days a week, on and off, for a number of months. How about 'can you bring in the 10p later?'

I had cause to discuss 'Moments of Truth' with my team last week - I think I have found another example

No comments:

Post a Comment