Thursday 13 October 2011

From Canal to Canals

Today felt like a bit of a farewell to a well known and well worn running route - truth of the matter and the irony is I will be back within a fortnight, possibly 3 weeks given a week off at the end of the month.

At least once a week, if not 2 or 3 times I run lunchtimes from the office. Once past the Tower and St Katherine Docks, I pick up the canal from Wapping High Street over to Shadwell Basin. From there, I drop onto the river path, and head over towards Canary Wharf - how far depends on time and energy. The beauty of this route is that you are off the tourist trail as soon as you are past the Tower, and it is only runners from there.

Today was a short and light run - up to and round Shadwell Basin. Nice day to be out, but the final run before I fly out to Amsterdam tomorrow night, which I think is why it felt like a farewell. It also struck that I will be running past a lot more canals on Sunday morning.

Bring. It. On!

No comments:

Post a Comment